If you’ve been home with your kids, you know just how quickly they can lose interest in what once seemed exciting. If board games and throwing the ball has gotten too redundant to enjoy, we’ve got you covered!
Albuquerque ER & Hospital has compiled a kid-approved list of creative activities to keep them occupied and mitigate boredom at home.
Don’t Go Stir Crazy
These days, it almost seems impossible to withhold electronics from children’s daily routines. But, not all screen-time has to be mindless!
Fun, educational screen-time activities include:
- Watching the Cincinnati Zoo livestream, available on their Facebook page at 3 pm every day
- Checking in on the Sea Otters at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Taking a virtual field trip to Sequoia National Park
- Conducting a Bill Nye the Science Guy-approved home experiment
- Exploring the Zion National Park in Utah
- Virtually walking through the British Museum
- Watching the Magic School Bus, School House Rock, or the Reading Rainbow on YouTube
Chang it up
On the flip side, use these ideas to encourage your children to be more active with their imagination.
Here at 15 electronic-free activities to keep your kids entertained at home:
- Make origami
- Do a puzzle
- Play checkers or chess
- Create a memory box
- Read, read, read!
- Build a fort or clubhouse
- Write letters to mail to relatives
- Bury a time capsule
- Play bingo
- Have a picnic inside or in the backyard
- Paint with watercolors or shaving cream and food coloring
- Go on a treasure hunt
- Use a telescope for stargazing at night
- Make paper-mâché
- Put on a play or puppet show
A note from us
During this uncertain time, there is one thing you can count on for certain; Albuquerque ER & Hospital is open and here for you. If a medical emergency arises, we’re ready to help, 24/7, 365 days a year—including holidays.
We hope you and your family are staying home and staying safe!
Disclaimer: As a service to our readers, Albuquerque ER & Hospital and Nutex Health state no content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.
Nutex Health, Inc supports you and your family’s health. You can depend on Albuquerque ER & Hospital, or any of our concierge-level, medical facilities to deliver the emergency care you deserve, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.